What’s Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is one of the implications that could result from drinking an excessive amount of alcohol inside a short period of time. Alcohol poisoning can be a result of binge drinking; the intake of five or more drinks in a brief period of time. When we binge drink this way, or drink too excessively for our own programs, the liver cannot process all the alcohol that’s been taken into the system fast enough. This causes the excess alcohol to be introduced in to the blood-stream, which then flows to the brain, affecting the neurochemistry. Many functions can be affected by this in the body. Since alcohol is actually a depressant, lots of alcohol can result in the suppression of 1 or even more vital systems, such as the breathing. Alcohol is usually metabolized in the liver at the rate of 1 ounce every 90 minutes. This might be the equivalent of a two-ounce blended drink, one beer or a regular size glass of wine. This is the rate that the healthy liver functions. Almost any liver disease will be able to metabolize alcohol a lot more slowly.

Alcohol poisoning can result in respiratory failure, liver failure, or heart failure, and represses natural reflexes. For example, many individuals with liquor poisoning are so intoxicated that they don’t have a gag re-flex, which may make them asphyxiate independently vomit if they regurgitate while they are unconscious.

What is alcohol poisoning? How do we recognize it? What do we do when we recognize it? There are lots of different symptoms the period to an incident of alcohol poisoning. These signs may possibly include:

* Confusion and stupor

* Vomiting

* Seizures

* Slowed breathing or irregular breathing

* Skin that becomes blue-tinged or pale

* Lowered human body heat, also hypothermia

* Unconsciousness with little to no success of awakening

If these symptoms are observed in somebody you know, you should seek medical assistance immediately. Alcohol poisoning treatment consists of breathing service and administration of fluids and vitamins to remove alcohol from your system.

It is vital that you keep anyone with alcohol poisoning sitting in one place if they are conscious, until medical assistance arrives. Do not provide them with coffee or caffeine as this results in further dehydration. Give water to them when they can take it. If they’re passed out, turn them on their side; do not allow them to rest on their backs.

Sufficiently high quantities of alcohol in the body can cause coma or death. Acute alcohol poisoning is known as a medical emergency.

Talk To Someone Who Has Been There

Posted in Addiction Guidance  |  Leave a comment

Leave a reply